The openers for the electric garage doors are very practical household appliances. But when it comes to getting a new one, you need to know how to install it.
Below are some of the most important things you need to know about door openers and how to install them.
Reasons to Install a New Garage Door Opener
It is important that you first look at the various reasons why it might be the right time to consider installing a garage door opener on your new appliance.
- Your garage door opener happens to be more than 10 years old
- The current mechanical problems with the garage door opener affect its reliability.
- Your garage door opener happens to be too loud
- You have concerns about the safety of your garage door opener
- Your garage door operator does not have the convenient properties of modern garage door operators.
Understand the different garage door openers available
Below are some of the garage door openers available at DoReMi garage door repair:
- Chain drive opener: It could be the style that most people like to associate with a garage door opener. Like a bicycle chain, a chain is attached to a trolley that runs along the rail. The cart is then attached to the motor, which closes and opens the garage door. There are certain modern chain garage door operators that have DC motors that make their noise levels a little quieter.
- Belt drive opener: It is a type of opener that works like the chain drive opener, replacing the chain with the belt. The belt-drive openers tend to be more expensive compared to the chain-drive model, but they are quieter.
- Jackshaft opener: These are openers with quite powerful motors that adjust a torsion spring and lower and raise the garage door. The blind shaft openers can easily be mounted on your garage wall, which then saves space on the ceiling and has an extremely quiet DC motor. The smooth and quiet operation of the jackshaft openers makes them ideal for homes with attached garages, especially those that have bedrooms that are above the garage.
- The screwdriver openers: They are known to function in a similar way to the chain and belt models, with the only difference that a threaded steel bar is used to move the cart. The screwdriver openers are not loved by many people compared to the other types of openers. It could be because they have a high level of noise and have overcome the temperature sensitivity issues.
The garage door opener doesn’t do much of the lifting
The garage door openers for residential buildings have motors with ½ or about 1/3 hp. You might be surprised that the garage door opener doesn’t do most of the closing and opening of your garage door. The garage door springs do most of the work.
It is important that the springs are properly adjusted when the garage door is opened. The garage doors are quite heavy and could be the largest mechanical device in your home. Without the correct tension of the door spring, the motor of your drive will have a very short life.
Understand the convenience functions of the drives of modern garage doors
The openers for garage doors have generally come a long way in terms of design. There tends to be more energy efficiency in modern designs. In addition to the safety functions that have been used for some time, such as the eye sensors, which are known to detect obstacles in the path of the gate and automatically reverse in the direction, there are other technical features in the modern garage door opener that are known to be very practical.