Volvo debuts at CONEXPO 2020 with asphalt pavers P5110B and P5170B from: Volvo Construction Equipment
Volvo Construction Equipment will introduce two new 8-foot models. Asphalt paver models for the North American range at CONEXPO-CON / AGG – the tracked pavers P5110B and P5170B.
- Designed for both heavy commercial and light highway duties, the machines offer easy maintenance and high performance while delivering significant fuel savings
- The 5000B series is powered by the latest Volvo D6 Tier 4 Final engine, the same engine used in production models such as the Volvo L60H-L90H wheel loaders
- Engine speed, torque and fuel consumption are optimized for the best performance and fuel efficiency. The average is 3.7 gallons per hour for the 5110B and 3.3 gallons per hour for the 5170B
- Equipped with a large capacity hopper to ensure continuous paving, while durable rolled wings help prevent material build-up and reduce cleaning time
- Both models are equipped with an UltiMat160 screed that has extensions that allow the paving width to be hydraulically adjusted from 8 feet to 16 feet.
- The front-mounted extension of the screed supports the material head control in the screw channel and thus ensures a high-quality finish.
- Optional screw-on extensions provide high quality paving up to 18 feet wide. They can also be added or removed quickly thanks to Volvo’s quick connect system
- Standard three-phase AC screed heating system generated Fast screed heating times with lower power consumption of the generator
- Low deck height enables safer and easier communication between crew and operator
- The suction function increases the motor speed, lets the conveyors and augers run and supplies the screed with material
- The screed lock holds the screed in place until new material is introduced, avoiding marks or bumps in the mat
- Simple controls are grouped by function and backlight for easy identification
- Automatic chain tensioners maintain proper track tension for performance and durability
- CONEXPO booth: F3432
Click here for a brochure