Residents safe after early morning HVAC closet fire

The fire department received a call about smoke and noise from the HVAC system of a home on Block 1110 of West Business Hwy 190.

COPPERAS COVE, Texas — Residents of a home in Copperas Cove are safe after a fire broke out in an HVAC closet early in the morning, the Copperas Cove Fire Department said Friday.

The fire department received a call about smoke and noise from the HVAC system of a home on Block 1110 of West Business Hwy 190.

According to the fire department, flames erupted from inside a family home. Everyone who was in the house was safely evacuated and the fire was extinguished, they said.

CCFD says an investigation into the fire found it started in the HVAC closet.

According to the fire department, the house was badly damaged by the fire, with the main living room being badly damaged. Other parts of the house were damaged by the smoke.

The family is currently living with relatives after being evicted from their home.

No further information has been released at this time.

RELATED: “We had a little fire” | 3 West Ale House reopens after refurbishment

RELATED: Waco Fire Department extinguished second building fire of the day

Comments are closed.