Plumbing repair sparks fire in Franklin home

FRANKLIN, Tenn. (WKRN) — A couple and their pets have been displaced following a house fire in Franklin Tuesday evening.

It happened around 5:30pm at a Boyd Mill Estates home on Quail Court.

When firefighters arrived at the scene, they found heavy smoke and fire showing from the attic of the one-story home.

Family’s investigation leads to hit-and-run suspect in North Nashville

Crews were able to eventually extinguish the flames.

Fire officials say it appears the fire started in a wall cavity between the kitchen and laundry room where a plumbing repair had been made earlier in the day. They say the fire spread from the base of the wall into the attic.

No one was hurt in the blaze.

⏩ Find more Top Stories from

The couple who lived in the home and their pets have been displaced and are being assisted by their landlord.

Comments are closed.