Installing new windows proved to be one of the best home improvement projects to consider when renovating your property. Window replacement offers a high ROI, improves energy efficiency, comfort and drastically adds aesthetics.
Statistics show windows are accounted for heat loss of 25%–30%, so homeowners who install high-quality units can expect a significant reduction in annual energy bills. But the critical point here is to find a contractor that not only sells you the best windows but also installs them right.
Why Buy From Professional Window Installers?
While embarking on a DIY project may sound fun, in fact, the surveys show that 40% of homeowners regret their decisions to start home renovation projects without consulting with experts.
This is even more true for window replacement since it is known to be on the top most challenging home renovation projects list. Hiring a reliable window company to do the job:
- Saves time. Professional installers need about 2 hours to replace your old windows and ensure proper sealing, caulking and cleaning up.
- Ensures correct installation. This guarantees maximum energy efficiency, durability and proper operation.
- Allows for rebates and grants. The Canadian government has many financial programs for homeowners who want to save on window replacement. But all this is accessible only if you deal with an authorized window contractor, like Ecoline Windows, to help you with your house inspection, consultation, and correct energy-efficient windows installation.
How to make surah Is Your Window Company Reliable?
With how popular window replacement is in Canada, there are plenty of window companies to work with, either small local brands or big names.
So here is a quick checklist to make sure you are dealing with a trustworthy contractor for your window project:
- Energy Star and NAFS-11. Your company should be listed as an Energy Star brand and sell only those windows that have undergone proper tests and are accredited to meet national specifications regarding energy efficiency.
- Local window showrooms and offices. It is better always to meet your contractor in person in their office or showroom, where you can see the window samples, compare different window styles, glass types and custom features to decide what works best for your project before installation.
- Impeccable reviews online. Before contacting your contractor, do your homework and check their Google, HomeStars and BBB reviews to see what other homeowners have to say. As a rule of thumb, a good window company should not have a rating of less than 4.3 out of 5.
- Local building codes and CSA guidelines. Ask whether they know your local building code, especially if you want to replace windows for egress. Previous successful installation is a must here.
- Warranty. You should look for a window company that offers a 25 year warranty for all window parts and labour.
What To Look For In A Window Installer – Ecoline Windows