Four Seasons Plumbing lists the best ways to prevent clogging and reduce water wastage while you stay in place this spring
“Staying home as much as possible is a critical protection right now, but it poses unique challenges,” he said Max Rose, Owner of Four Seasons Plumbing. “Families put additional strain on physical facilities and equipment. With recommendations to wash your hands frequently and keep surfaces clean, many people use more water than normal. Even when adequate levels of hot water and water pressure can be maintained, it can be difficult when you don’t have a plan. “
Rose recommends homeowners use the following best practices to keep their plumbing systems working efficiently and effectively:
- Lower Your Water Heater Temperature: Lowering the temperature setting on your water heater by 5 to 10 degrees will cut your electricity bill without noticeably reducing the amount of hot water available.
- Don’t flush anything but toilet paper: Most products marketed as “flushable”, such as cat litter, disinfectant and sanitary wipes, won’t break down and can clog your pipes.
- Monitor Disposal: Make sure that large amounts of waste, as well as oil and grease, are not removed from kitchen disposal to avoid fuses. A combination of vinegar and baking soda can treat odors.
- Prevent drain clogging: Use a mesh protector to catch loose hair in the shower and sink, or wear a shower cap. Occasionally clean the drain of any accumulated material. If you develop constipation, try boiling water or baking soda before calling a professional. Never use corrosive, commercially available drain cleaners.
- Identifying the Isolation Valve: During an emergency such as a major leak, it is important to know where the main water supply valve is to keep water and property damage to a minimum. Immediately contact a trusted and licensed professional to schedule a service call and restore the water to the house.
Four Seasons Plumbing follows strict health and safety guidelines to keep the Asheville Area with essential maintenance, repair and installation work for plumbing installations during the ongoing COVID-19 crisis. The company also offers a 15% giveback on all on-demand service calls.
“People still need plumbing services during this crisis,” said Rose. “We encourage homeowners to closely monitor their plumbing and call a professional if these tips don’t work or if they notice anything unusual. We are committed to the homeowner’s health and safety Asheville Community and we are taking extreme precautions to comply with local, state, and federal guidelines for key businesses. Our customers can be sure that we are doing everything we can to keep our service safe in these uncertain times. “
For more information on Four Seasons Plumbing, visit https://callfourseasons.com or call 1 (828) 216-3894.
Plumbing over four seasons
Four Seasons Plumbing is a family owned and operated home services company Asheville and Hendersonville Areas. Four Seasons Plumbing has established itself as the leading provider of reliable, professional plumbing services across the company Asheville and Hendersonville Area and surrounding communities. We pride ourselves on our dedication to customer service and can meet all of your plumbing needs, including emergencies. For more information, please call 1-828-216-3894 or visit https://callfourseasons.com.
SOURCE Four seasons plumbing
Comments are closed.